I honestly can’t believe February is already over (I clearly pretended there were a full 30/31 days in the month)…2017 is going to fly by (how are those New Year’s goals looking?!) This past month was filled with A TON OF RAIN, fun birthday happenings, anniversary celebrations, amazing dinners, Valentine’s Day, etc. etc. etc. Here is a recap of some of my favorites from February!
*crickets* – lacked in the book department this month….
- Napa Valley – I was lucky enough to have my parents, best friend, and her parents join us in Napa to celebrate my birthday and both of their anniversaries (31st and 37th!). Post on this amazing trip and my recommendations coming next week!
- Oakland Wine Trail – I had been wanting to go on this “wine trail” ever since we were walking around Jack London Square and I saw signs for “Oakland Wine Trail.” Fast forward a year and a group of us decided to spend our (sunny!!!!) Sunday enjoying wine along the trail! Definitely going back to do a post on more of the tasting rooms. My favorites from Sunday were Minimo Wine Shop and Rosenblum Cellars!
- Cavallo Point – As a surprise for my birthday, my sweet boyfriend took me to Cavallo Point for a massage and then dinner in Mill Valley at a wonderful little restaurant called Molina (see below). Cavallo Point is so close to the city we need to make more of an effort to spend time over there. (My massage was here – it was amazing) After the massage and dinner I realized that I had been so relaxed and having such an amazing time that I literally only took one photo…of the whole day (see below)…which is really unusual – I guess that was the definition of “living in the moment” which we should do more often!!
- Spruce – Presidio Heights | New American – White table clothes are my weakness – a classy, timeless and sophisticated restaurant – definitely a splurge but I can’t wait to go back!*
- Locanda – Mission | Italian – Brunch – I had been to Locanda for dinner before but never their bunch…holy cow…this brunch is definitely top 10 in San Francisco (in my opinion)**
- Asha Tea – FiDi | Tea House – My FAVORITE new little tea room with the most amazing Jasmine Green Tea**
- Molina – Mill Valley | Californian – Amazing neighborhood gem! Ambiance, decor and employees were all a 10/10!*
- Goose & Gander – St. Helena, Napa | American – Cocktails, wine, food – oh my – this place is UNREAL – new St. Helena staple for sure!*
- Farmstead – St. Helena, Napa | American – Favorite Napa Valley restaurant to date – no question**
- Marlowe – SoMa | American – I’ve been here a few times and it just never gets old – we went to dinner here after tasting at JAX in SoMa and it was a perfect end to the evening – their cocktails are delicious (and so is their Marlowe burger!!)**
- Wayfare Tavern – FiDi | American – Lunch – Burrata mashed potatoes – need I say more?**
- Central Kitchen – Mission | Californian – After recently going through a menu redo, I went with my best friend who was in town visiting – per usual, Central Kitchen did not disappoint – GREAT vibe**
- Little Vine – North Beach | Wine Shop/Cheese Monger – This is all of my favorite things rolled into one under one roof – little sibling to Union Larder *
- JAX Vineyards– SoMa | Tasting Room – Okay so this isn’t a wine bar but this small urban oasis is tucked away on Brannan St in SoMa and is a MUST GO – friendly staff, unreal location and the wines are so good that I signed up for the wine club a few months back!**
*new restaurant **old favorite
- LACMA Snapchat – do yourself a favor and follow LACMA – awesome combination of art and comedy
- The most beautiful places in Italy – having a serious travel itch….
- My Paris – great NY Time article – again…who wants to go on a trip?
- Skinny Confidential – Him & Her – Podcast– not going to lie…I binge listened to all of these episodes very quickly…Lauryn and Michael are an awesome couple with great stories/advice! You can follow Lauryn’s blog here!
- Big Little Lies – HBO – True Detective meets Desperate Housewives meets the OC – so good and only two episodes in – GO WATCH IT IMMEDIATELY!
- My Favorite Murder – Podcast – like I posted last month (here) I LOVE a good murder/crime story…and these podcast episodes are entertaining and super interesting!
- Winter on Fire – Netflix – this doc made pretty much every emotion run through my body. A first-hand look at the conflict in Ukraine – trust me, watch this!
- Simple Sophisticate – Podcast – Episode 1 – awesome message – makes you think about some things in your life!
*Images from Netflix, HBO & iTunes
- Geometric Place Card Holders – LOVE these simple place card holders – makes me want to throw a dinner party!
- Mel Rice Ceramica – one of my friends brought me along to pick up two of her custom mugs from Mel in the Mission – these pieces are all handmade and GORGEOUS! I can’t wait to (hopefully) take a class from her! (ps. She has the smallest shop in San Francisco!)
- Sheet Masks – currently obsessed with these and this brand…you will not be disappointed