Lately, with the weather being so warm here in Seattle, our ability to eat and cook our meals outdoors has been a welcomed change. One of my favorite vegetables to throw on the grill to accompany a nice big steak is an ear of corn. I prefer white corn to be eaten without anything on it but with yellow corn, I love adding a little extra flavor. Obviously there are many different varieties but this one is simple to throw together!
For three ears of yellow corn, you will need:
¼ C grated Parmesan cheese
¼ C olive oil
¼ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Take the aluminum foil and make 3 “boats” for the corn to sit in.
- Mix together the Parmesan, 1 T of olive oil, garlic salt and the Italian seasoning.
- Grill off your corn so it just starts to have grill marks or until you feel it is done to your liking. I grilled mine for about 10 minutes with quarter turns every few minutes.
- Remove the corn from the grill and place in the little foil boats.
- Drizzle about 1 T of olive oil on each ear of corn. Then, top with the Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Close the foil closer around the corn. Place the corn back on the grill and let the heat melt the cheese (grill should be off). When the cheese is melted to your liking, remove it and serve!
© Rachel Davidson and Wine, Dine and Wander, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rachel Davidson and Wine, Dine and Wander with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.